Alive with the Sound of Music - SOL Day 8

A year ago today, I highlighted this verse in my Bible:
"You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands." Isaiah 55:12

--

Today, on this particularly sunny and beautiful day, I took a moment to sit in the sunshine. I listened to the bustling of the birds around me, I felt the sunshine and the breeze on my skin, and I let go of a big breath that seemed like I had been holding on to forever.
Today, I have gone out in joy, and I am led forth in peace. Instead of mountains and hills, it was birds and critters that were alive with the sound of music. It wasn't the trees of the field, but the tress of the backyard, that clapped their hands. As I breathed in a fresh breath, I inhaled the newness, growth, and change that only Spring can bring.

"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air"

"Nature always wears the colors of the spirit"  

"The lover of nature is he whose inward and outward senses are still truly adjusted to each other; who has retained the spirit of infancy even into the era of manhood."

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comments

  1. I love how you weave verse into your natural surroundings to keep you uplifted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those Ralph Waldo Emerson quotes at the end! I always feel like being in nature (even if it is your backyard) can really help reset your mind and balance. It is so lovely to hear the sounds of the world, like the birdsongs and trees whispering to each other. There is something so peaceful about it all :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts