My Moment in Sounds - SOLC20 Day 26

Tonight, as I sit here and Slice, I hear...

the traffic on a nearby busy street. Despite the mandate to "stay home", there is still a steady amount of traffic. It makes things feel normal.

birds chirping as they perch on the trees outside the window. It's a stark contrast to the sound of the traffic. It makes me feel content.

the dog sighing as he lays down at my feet to nap. He's worn out from all of the outdoors activity today. It makes me feel cozy.

my roommate sitting in the living room, typing away on her own laptop. She's writing her Slice. It makes me feel supported.

my laptop whirring. I'll be surprised if the keys don't start popping off soon from how much I've been using them lately. It makes me feel productive.

music coming from a neighbor's house. A steady bass rhythm. It makes me feel connected.

my own heart beat. I've had too much caffeine today. It makes me feel spirited.

This is my moment, in sounds.

Comments

  1. These are perfect sounds to slice about! And how cool is it that your roommate is slicing too? You can provide each other with fantastic support. I love this part the most, "the traffic on a nearby busy street. Despite the mandate to "stay home", there is still a steady amount of traffic. It makes things feel normal."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My roommate is the one who convinced me to try Slice of Life this year. It's been so great to have her support!

      Delete
  2. I love this! I especially like how you told how each sound made you feel. Your feelings were all positive, and ones many of us are striving to attain, making your slice very soothing in a time of chaos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I find myself looking for things to read that are calm and optimistic, so I try to produce that, too.

      Delete
  3. Wow that's a lot of varying sounds around you! I'm glad some things feel normal and comforting - as I was reading your post, I was thinking of what sounds I hear at the moment and I don't think it would be as many haha. I liked hearing parts of your daily life :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My house feels like it is in a suburb, but in reality, we are in the center of a very urban area, thus the wide variety of sounds. It was definitely interesting to take time to try to pick all of them out!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts