Positivity - SOL20 Day 15

If I have learned anything over the past few days, it's the power of positivity. I have found myself searching for it, yearning for it, craving it. In every nook and every cranny I am looking for that silver lining, that ray of sunshine.
A smile.
A wave.
A laugh.
Anything.
Positivity is what will keep me - will keep us - going.
In an effort to contribute, I have made it a goal to have at least one conversation a day that is not about you know what.
This morning, my roommate and I lounged in the living room. We talked about visiting one of our favorite spots in the city more often and taking the dog on more walks.
This afternoon, I went out to lunch with my dad and one of my brothers. We talked about my brother's plans for his Spring Break, movies, and memes.
This evening, I FaceTimed my mom. We talked about when I would be visiting next, and our plans for then.
Tonight, I called my grandma. She asked me why I don't have a boyfriend.

To anyone who reads this, I encourage you to take on the same challenge. Everyone is stressed, everyone is worried, everyone is anxious. Be the source of positivity for someone else. Bring a moment of peace to someone else. Give someone something to be thankful for:
A smile
A wave.
A laugh.
Anything.
It's times like these when we get an opportunity to see the best part of humanity. Let's do our part to give to others, and not give in to the hysteria.

Comments

  1. I really like the way you isolated "a smile. a wave. a laugh. anything." It really gave it power and made it stand out. I have been avoiding the topic for a while and trying not to read about it. Just let life help you move past it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been trying to avoid reading about it as well. With information changing so quickly, I found it exhausting and it only made me anxious. Definitely just taking life as it comes!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts