Processing - SOL20 Day 12

A year ago today, one of my closest friends Facetimed me from the Colosseum in Rome, Italy.

--

Today, that same friend texted me to tell me that she had to cancel her Spring Break trip to Sierra Leone because of the new 30 day Europe travel ban.
It's crazy to me that in 10 years someone will ask me about my 1st year of teaching, and I'll explain that we had to shut down the school because of a global epidemic. The call was made today.
I can't think of anything else to say except that I still can't really process that all of this is happening. I'll just have to keep taking it day by day, I guess, like we all are. 

Comments

  1. I think there are a LOT of us in the same boat. This can't actually be happening, right? Day by day--no other choice! If nothing else, it will be a learning experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking it day by day sounds like a good plan. I thin we all are in shock at what is happening. Hoping things improve by April.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We haven’t gotten cancelled yet. But we have made place in case. It’s all so weird, feels like something from a movie! Stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are many places shutting down events or closing their doors - I have been getting emails all day from concert venues I subscribe to or bus companies I have used. It is scary how fast hysteria spreads!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts