Taco Bell - SOL20 Day 29

Today, I think that I made my mark on history by saying something that has never been said before:

"This Taco Bell is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my life!"


I have made it a point to go on a walk or run (sometimes both) every day since the start of quarantine. However, because of two consecutive days of rainy/stormy weather, before this evening I hadn't left the four walls of the house since Thursday. I was on the brink of insanity when my roommate offered, "Do you want to go through the Taco Bell drive thru?"

I practically ran to the car. We took the dog along for the ride and rolled the windows down to enjoy the sunny and 60 degree weather. We sang along to the radio and giggled at ourselves during the brief drive. We ordered way too many items off of the value menu, and bathed ourselves in hand sanitizer after paying for and receiving our food. On the way back home, we blasted "Don't Rain On My Parade" and sang along at the top of our lungs.

Our trip took me back to when I was in high school. As soon as the weather started to warm up, my friends and I would pile into my car, open every window and the sun roof, and drive to random places. The destination was never important, it was just an excuse to get out. The real fun was in the trip - exploring the back roads, blasting music, waving at people, and laughing until our stomachs hurt. We called these trips "adventures" because we never knew exactly where we would end up. It seems silly, but right now I'd give anything to do that.

Our "adventure" made me long for summer, and it made me hope that by then everything will be back to normal.

For now, I am thankful for a roommate who recognizes when I need a break, and - yes - for Taco Bell.

Comments

  1. My friends and I used to listen to music with the top down and it usually didn't involve stopping anywhere haha! We would drive around the streets in circles - thanks for bringing back those memories :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The nearest Target to us was about a 30-40 minute drive, so a lot of times we would come up with any excuse to go out there and then take the longer way home to extended the trip!

      Delete
  2. I love all the specific details you added to this very honest Slice, down to the song you blared! Go Barabara Sreisand!! Your theme of appreciation comes through!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts