10 Ordinary Things - SOL 21 Day 3

The quote on the Two Writing Teachers SOL post for today says,

"If I dismiss the ordinary - waiting for the special, the extreme, the extraordinary, to happen - I may just miss my life." - Dani Shapiro

Thus inspired by this quote, here are 10 "ordinary" things that made today extraordinary:

1. I walked out of the house this morning without a coat on.

2. It wasn't dark on my drive to work.

3. A sincere "thank you" from a parent.

4. A sincere "thank you" from a colleague.

5. The man who is in charge in the kitchen learned my "usual" for lunch and had it ready for me.

6. Fun conversation at lunch.

7. A visit from someone special.

8. Good news.

9. Bonding with students.

10. A birthday surprise well pulled off.

Comments

  1. These 10 things truly made the day extraordinary! Love how you led with the quote about not missing the ordinary moments. I must practice this myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I especially loved the quote because it is something that I try to practice in my day-to-day life!

      Delete
  2. It seems you may have also stumbled upon 10 new writing ideas! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like it might even be a good daily practice - 10 great things about my day. I felt myself ease into thankfulness reading YOUR list. Maybe I will make my own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so encouraging to hear! I'm glad that my post inspired thankfulness in someone other than myself. This is something that I try to practice daily - not necessarily 10 things, but trying to reflect on the best thing that happened each day.

      Delete
  4. What wonderful things to notice about your day. It sounds like a day full of great things to be thankful for. I love this structure ... writing it down for reference later!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very nice and very positive day! It was easy to fill up the list - I'm thankful!

      Delete
  5. Love this list! I do wins of the day every night and it keeps me focused on the positives rather than the negatives.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts