Little Things - SOL20 Day 5

A year ago today, it was the little things that kept me going. The sun was rising earlier and earlier, making my morning commute much brighter. I received my cap and gown in the mail, assuring me that my future would get much brighter.
Daylight Savings hit, and my mornings went dark. I would have to wait to be able to enjoy the sunrise again.
Life hit, and my future went dark. I would have to wait to be able to wear my cap and gown again.
Still, there were little things to keep me going:
A vase full of flowers on my bedside table.
A Bible verse posted on the wall.
A well timed text message from a friend.
A still, small voice telling me, "It's going to be okay."

---

Today, it's still those little things that keep me going:
A bonding moment with a student.
A shared laugh with the girls I tutor.
A well timed word of encouragement.
A still, small voice telling me, "I told you it would be okay."

Comments

  1. I'm glad it all worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's always necessary as a teacher to find the good moments in your day, even if they are small. glad you hold on to those!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts